Objectives and Outcomes
- be able to explain how binary is used to create images (band 4).
- be able to apply your understanding to create an image using binary (band 5).
- be able to link the theory of binary images to file sizes and how this can affect upload and download times of different images to and from the internet (band 6).
1. Open a new blog post and title it the same as this one.
2. Explain how binary is used to create images.
This slideshow may help remind you...
3. Make a copy of the bitmap work sheet below and design a bitmap image by inputting the binary code for the colours you want in the relevant cell.
4. When you have finished it, share it to anyone with the link and copy/paste the link to your blog post under your written work for task 2.
5. Try to work out the file size (in bytes) of your bitmap image (remember each pixel has 4 bits so add them up for total and then divide by 8 for the number of bytes).
6. Explain how this work links to download and upload times of images to and from the internet.